Hunger Alert: Emergency Foods that Curb Appetite
Your house needs hunger-extinguishing foods, which are good-for-you foods that will put out starvation fires, and curb your appetite in case of an emgergency.
Follow your diet-safety information packet, and be sure to have these foods readily on hand.
What to Eat in a Pinch:
1. Handful of almonds, peanuts, or walnuts, or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
2. Edamame (frozen), Pop in the microwave and add a pinch of sea salt.
3. 1.5 oz of Beef or Turkey Jerky (low-sodium).
4. 3 oz can of tunafish with seasoning and lemon juice.
5. Pop a protein bar that has at least 10g of protein in it.
6. In a really appe-tight spot? Pop a piece of gum or a sugar-free breath mint, it will distract your mind from the 'taste' part of hunger.
Share this on Your Facebook
Join the Health Discussion. Become a Fan on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, or Watch Dr Cederquist on YouTube.