Old Fashioned Beef Stew
½ lb boneless beef top sirloin
1 large onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp reduced-sodium tomato paste
1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
2 cups sliced carrots
½ cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ tsp cornstarch
½ tsp cold water
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Dice sirloin into small pieces and cook in large sauté pan until cooked through.
2. Slice onion thinly and sauté onions and mushrooms in water for 6 minutes in separate large saucepan.
3. Add cooked beef to onion and mushroom mixture and stir in the tomato paste and then the broth.
4. Add enough water to just cover and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Add carrots and green beans and cover the saucepan partially and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water together and then stir into the stew.
7. Increase heat of the stew and boil uncovered for 1 minute.