Nutritional Value per Serving
Makes 6 servings
Protein: 26.5 grams
Net Carbohydrate: 5 grams
Fat: 3 grams
– 1.5lbs of skinless, boneless chicken breast
– 1 can of Ro*Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (if you do not like spicy food, try mild salsa instead and check the ingredients to ensure no allergens)
– 1/2 packet of Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix (If you use regular store bought seasoning mix, be sure to read the ingredients as it may contain gluten – look for a natural brand like Trader Joe’s that is only herbs/spices)
1. In a Crockpot, mix together tomatoes with your taco seasoning.
2. Take the chicken breasts and tuck under the sauce mixture.
3. Turn Crockpot on low and cook for 6-8hrs or on high for 3-4hrs.
4. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, use two forks and gently pull chicken apart until completely shredded.
5. Serve on a bed of greens or on a low-carb tortilla.
*Note – If no dairy allergy, use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream to bump protein up to 30g.