Yield: 4 servings
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 (5-6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ½ cup red bell pepper strips
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper strips
- ½ cup (1/4 inch thick) slices zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
1. To prepare chicken, combine lemon juice, olive oil, and thyme into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Prepare grill.
3. Remove chicken from bag; use marinade to moisten chicken while grilling. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.Cool completely; then cut chicken into ¼-inch thick slices.
4. To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine peas and remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add chicken, tossing to combine. Place 1 ¾ cups chicken salad on each of 4 plates. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Calories 259; Fat 7.1g; Protein 40.0g; Carb 5.3g; Fiber 0.8g