If you have tried everything and you are still not losing weight, you may have a condition that makes it difficult to lose weight, and very easy to gain. These are the sorts of symptoms you likely experience:
Symptoms of a Metabolism that Gains Weight Easily
1. You crave sugary foods and once you eat them, find it difficult to stop.
2. You feel weak or lightheaded after missing a meal or shortly after having something sweet on an empty stomach. This is known as hypoglycemia. An example of this would be if you had a donut at 8am you would feel weak or foggy at about 9am.
3. You have afternoon energy slumps a couple of hours after lunch.
4. You have a hard time remaining asleep, such as waking too early, like around 1 am, and feeling wide awake and not able to get back to sleep.
5. You have trouble focusing, and maintaining attention.
6. You have occasional mood swings.
7. You feel that if you don’t have something to eat at that exact moment you are grumpy, edgy, lightheaded, or shaky.
8. You desire pasta and rice or mostly carbohydrates at meals. You crave starches like potato chips, popcorn, sweets, cookies, candy, or crackers.
9. You eat an “ideal” breakfast of cereal with milk and fruit and find you are starving by 10am and that you are hungrier than if you skipped breakfast altogether.
10. You feel that your hunger is so intense at 4-5 pm that you think, “I’ll eat anything that doesn’t eat me first!”
11. You have little to no success with losing weight, and difficulty keeping that weight off.
If you have these sorts of symptoms, you may have a medical condition that results in resistance to weight loss. To find out more, please call our office at 239-288-2789.